In the heart of winter, the Palais de l’Agriculture opens its doors to the first edition of the Salon ‘Livres aux Jardins’. Sponsored by Jean Mus, landscape architect, the event will take place on:
Saturday December 3, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
You will be offered a wide range of books covering all themes related to the garden and nature: botany, ecology, remarkable gardens, food gardens, gardens without watering, gardening practices, floral art and children’s books as well.
The day will be punctuated by short conferences, round tables, dedications, events… You will be able to meet many authors, specialists in various capacities in the plant world.
– Louisa Jones, author of several works on the Mediterranean and contemporary garden
– Yves Monnier, honorary professor at the National Museum of Natural History and former director of the Val Rahmeh garden, in Menton
– Alain Goudot, landscape architect and illustrator
– Alain Meilland and Matthias Meilland, rose growers
– Serge Schall, agronomist and journalist
– Marc Bottin, botanist
– Michèle Ramin, Honorary President and Co-Founder of Arboretum de Roure
– Juliette Hafteck and Philippe Deliau, landscape architects from the Atelier d’Alep
– Julie Tropeano, cookbook author and Marie-Thérèse Pulvenis de Seligny, illustrator
– Jacqueline Bellino, olive grower and member of the International Association of Peasant Writers and Artists
– Jean Chalendas, responsible for the safeguarded sector of Arles
– Claude Leray, botanist
‘Le voyage d’Alep’, by Juliette Hafteck and Philippe Deliau. Screening at 11:30 a.m., with a duration of 30 minutes, the intervention will be followed by an exchange
Elodie Tampon-Lajariette and Thierry Vincent of the Compagnie Bal, with their readings, will lead us to ‘our interior gardens’. In the late afternoon, duration 30 minutes
In our library, next to our heritage books, watercolors and artist’s proofs by Alain Goudot, landscape architect.
In the Salle des Iris, ‘Garden ceramics’, latest creations by Anne Marie Deloire, gardener-ceramist
In our garden, Claude Antoniazzi, nurseryman-collector in Saint Martin du Var, organic, ornamental and aromatic plants
During the day, visits to Parc Phoenix and the Botanical Garden of Nice
Film around the landscape and the plant world at the Cinéma de Beaulieu, in collaboration with the Town Hall and as part of the “Biodiverciné” cycle, on Sunday December 4 at 3 p.m., in the continuity of the Salon.
Guillaume Long, author-illustrator, created the poster for “Livres aux Jardins”, drawing inspiration from the facade of the Palace and the Mediterranean.
Palace of Agriculture, 113, Promenade des Anglais, 06200 Nice.