The 4th edition of the Festival des Jardins de la Côte D’Azur will be held from Saturday 25 March to Monday 1 May 2023, and this year’s theme will be: “SURPRISING PERSPECTIVES”.
Throughout the event, visitors will be confronted with surprising effects using shadow and light, some obvious or more discreet perspectives, unusual visitor trails, places to stop and relax, and landscaped scenes where the combination of plants is beautifully showcased.
On the programme:
- an international competition featuring landscaped creations across 6 venues,
- gardens in the non-competing category, created by the local council’s landscaping department and partner institutions,
- plenty of entertainment for people of all ages.
There are 31 unique and ephemeral creations to admire in this year’s festival.
17 COMPETING LANDSCAPED CREATIONS
The competing gardens will be open to visitors in Antibes Juan-les-Pins, Cannes, Grasse, Menton, Nice and the Principality of Monaco. Find out more on the webpage for the competition
14 GARDENS IN THE “NON-COMPETING” CATEGORY
The 5 competing towns from the Department will be presenting ephemeral “non-competing” gardens, created by the gardeners from the town councils, in line with this year’s theme.
The Principality of Monaco will be presenting a garden in the non-competing category on the balconies of the Casino, overlooking the sea.
An experimental garden created by the Campus Vert d’Azur in Antibes, in partnership with the National Union for Landscaping Companies (UNEP) at the Pinède in Antibes-Juan-les-Pins.
And once again this year, the towns of Cap d’Ail, Mandelieu-la-Napoule and Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.
Other partners wanted to get involved in this 4th edition in the “non-competing” gardens category:
- Near the Mediterranean, in the town of Cagnes-sur-Mer,
- At the “Bastide aux Violettes” in Tourrettes-sur-Loup, the violet capital,
- In the garden of the Villa les Camélias – Cap d’Ail museum,
- At the Musée des Arts Asiatiques in Nice, designed by students from the Ecole Nationale du Paysage de Marseille, in partnership with the Campus Vert d’Azur.
A WHOLE HOST OF ENTERTAINMENT
Entertainment for people of all ages HERE
A series of conferences for an added cultural and educational experience. The conferences are available in several venues, with free admission:
- Conference Jean Mus – Friday 14 April at 6.30pm, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat “Mediterranean Gardens through the Caps of the Côte d’Azur”
For more information: https://festivaldesjardins.departement06.fr/